It’s finally Spring and this weather has us flying high! We’re heading towards the end of April and well, we just feel inspired to munch down on some amazing, high-quality dishes for no reason in particular.
We have two great recipes; a colossal mac and cheese and some tremendous, fudgy chocolate brownies. These recipes are easy to make with our Bake-a-Licious 3 Sheet Set, as well as our Saucy Pots Cookware Set, and will elevate your flavor experience instantly.
Smokin’ Mac And Cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter*
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ to 3 cups milk, warm
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella, grated (1 cup)
- 8 ounces medium cheddar, grated (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar, grated (1/2 cup)
*you can also use coconut oil or any other butter substitute that’s special to you.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Fill a large pot with water, oil, and salt and bring it to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until ready. rain the noodles.
3. In a small saucepan, melt your butter. Then, add the flour, whisking constantly, and let cook for five minutes.
4.Add the warm milk and cook until thickened and smooth (about a minute or two more). Then add the cheese, salt, paprika, pepper, and nutmeg.
5. Mix in the macaroni and stir well. Pour into 6-8 buttered ramekins.
6. In a small bowl, combine the canola oil with the breadcrumbs and sharp cheddar. Sprinkle on top of the filled ramekins. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the macaroni is browned on its surface.
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter,* plus more for greasing
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted, plus more for dusting
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
1. Heat the oven to 400°F
2. Grease a 9-by-13-inch Bake-a-Licious sheet pan with butter and line with parchment paper.
3. Pour enough water into a 4-quart saucepan, so that it reaches a depth of 1-inch and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat, but maintain a simmer.
4. Combine the butter and chocolate in a medium bowl and set the bowl over the saucepan. Cook and stir until melted and smooth (about 5 minutes). Remove from the heat and set aside.
5. Whisk the eggs together in a large bowl. Add the sugar, vanilla, and salt and whisk to combine all the ingredients. Stir in the chocolate mixture and fold in the flour.
6. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake until the brownie forms a thin skin on top, but the batter is still loose in the center (about 18 to 20 minutes). Transfer the pan to a rack and let cool completely before slicing.
7. And there you have it. Making these recipes will take your dinner party/weekend/holiday celebration to the next level.